We went to a Bluegrass music festival in New York this past weekend. There was great music, beautiful weather and new friends made. I'll just pick out a few memories to share:
1. Our camping neighbors gave us banana bread every morning.
2. I got a clawhammer banjo lesson from another neighbor.
3. We heard The Bluegrass Brothers and The Darrell Webb Band (among other great bands.)
4. I taught myself how to crochet the Love Knot (also known as "Solomon's Knot") and made a cowl.
5. I got [a little] sunburned. (Now I don't look like I've been hibernating all Summer.)
I am still amazed at how fast people can play [fiddle/banjo/mandolin/guitar]! I have a lot of practicing to do...
Last Wednesday, I had an epic canning day. (I really don't like the word because it gets used so much, but in this instance, it is warranted.) We had gotten peaches from our friend Janet and since my husband and I were going to be gone for a long weekend, I needed to can them. Our second sowing of green beans was coming on and so there were a lot of those that needed canned also. I canned 24 pints of peaches and 12 pints of beans! That is my canning PR right there! I was so proud of myself. I've only been canning for three or four years and never that much in one day!
Next week, I start school. Summer done R-U-N-N-O-F-T. Who is ready for school to start??! <3